Body wraps is a technology that has been around for over 10 years and in some forms, it has come out of favor in beauty salons. However, the second wave of technology featuring infrared rays is now reigniting interest amongst the public and businesses.
What is an Infrared Body Wrap?
Infrared body wraps are essentially sheets of special material that are able to emit infrared rays, thus heating the area under the skin. The wraps are connected with wires to a control device that regulates the intensity of the treatment. The heating of the area under the skin has multiple benefits, some of which connected to health and well-being.
What is it Used For?
The way this technology works, it gently heats of the area under the skin.
- Fat Removal – The heating of that area causes fat cells to melt. Up to 1200 calories can be lost in a 50-minute session.
- Skin Tightening – In a very similar fashion, the heat from the infrared body wrap causes the skin to tighten and firm, producing more collagen.
- Cellulite Reduction – The skin rejuvenation abilities of this technology when used in the thighs areas can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Muscle Toning – The heating in combination with contractions stimulates muscle growth without the need for additional exercise.
But how about the health benefits? Read on…
Are there any actual health benefits?
In addition to weight loss and skin tightening, the heating technology of infrared body wraps can contribute to muscle pain and joint pain relief. Like a warm bath, the infrared technology heats the body and thus relaxing muscles and joints that ache.
In sports, athletes often use infrared body wraps for faster rehabilitation after injuries. People with rheumatic complaints can particularly benefit as they can get consistent help with chronic joint pain. How often patients use the wraps depends on the severity of their condition.
The core health benefits in summary:
- Muscle Pain Relief
- Joint Pain Relief
- Injury Rehabilitation
- Rheumatic Diseases Treatment