This time last year, no-one could have predicted that we would have a whole host of different tests established for a disease we knew next to nothing anything about. Thanks to the marvels of science, there are now a variety of Covid-19 tests available to the public, designed to measure a person’s response and health, in relation to the virus.
Today, we’re looking at the private GP clinics you can approach for such tests, in the Surrey area of the U.K. Let’s start by looking at some of the most common types of test on offer, and what they do.
Lateral flow instant test: seeks to identify if an individual is infected with Covid-19 and can detect people with higher viral loads. These do not require labs and turn around fast results.
Covid-19 Antigen Test: seeks to identify if a person has Covid-19. Slower turnaround than lateral flow tests.
Covid-19 Antibody Test: seeks to identify if a person has been infected with Covid-19 in the past.
Covid-19 Test to Release: designed for travellers not on the travel corridor list. Test to Release reduces the 10 day isolation period, providing the results are negative.
Situated in Richmond, Bodyvie is a private clinic with award-winning technology, offering a range of GP and medical aesthetics services. One of the first private cosmetic clinics ever established in the U.K, Bodyvie have built a solid reputation for bringing Harley Street quality to Surrey.
🕑 Speed of Results: Same day
🧪 Types: Covid-19 Antibody Test + Coronavirus Antigen Test + Home Testing Kit
💲 Price: Low
Covid-19 Antibody Roche Test:
- Results available between 24 to 48 hrs
- The test is also available for home use: from £95
Covid-19 Antigen Test:
- Results available in up to 15 minutes
- Rapid lateral flow instant test from £95
What else should I know about Bodyvie?
- The Roche Elecsys ® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S offered at Bodyvie is a quantitative blood test.
- Bodyvie has previously been recognised for its use of award-winning technology.
Private GP Clinic: CEDA Healthcare
Private GP Clinic is based in West Byfleet (and Ascot) and can offer same-day appointments to patients. They have a rating of ‘Good’ across all areas, in a report published by the CQC (Care Quality Commission).
🕑 Speed of Results: Slow
🧪 Types: Rapid Antigen Test + Fit to Fly PCR Swab Test & Doctors Letter + Abbott Blood Antibody Test
➕ Add ons: Fit to Fly Certificates + Doctors Letter
💲 Price: Medium
Covid Rapid Antigen Test:
- A positive result within 1 hour, negative within 8 hours
- Rapid antigen test & doctors letter: £120
Fit to Fly PCR Swab Test & Doctors Letter:
- Results and letter back between 24-72 hours
- Fit to Fly PCR swab test: £150
Covid-19 Abbott Blood Antibody Test:
- Results back within 48-72 hours
- Abbott blood antibody test: £138
What else should I know about CEDA Private GP Clinic?
- CEDA Private GP Clinic is recognised on the Government Private Provider List for Covid-19 testing. The price of the Fit to Fly PCR test includes a certificate confirming you’re able to travel or return to work.
- There is currently an additional £5 charge for booking by telephone.
The Mews Practice
Located in Guilford, The Mews Practice offer a completely private service from the first point of contact, through to diagnoses, treatment, referral and aftercare. Patients can also benefit from an optional membership which includes 7-day access to GP appointments.
🕑 Speed of Results: Medium
🧪 Types: Test to Release + Numerical (Quantitative) Antibody Test
➕ Add ons: Test to Release Certificate
💲 Price: Very High
Covid-19 Test to Release:
- Results and certificate back within 48 hours, based on laboratory demand:
- Test to release: £150
Covid-19 Numerical (Quantitative) Antibody Test:
- Results back within 48, based on laboratory demand
- Numerical (quantitative) antibody test: £250
What else should I know about The Mews Practice?
- Make sure you factor in that the speed of Test to Release as results are based on laboratory demand. Be sure to let you employer aware of this to avoid miscommunications if work is the reason for your test.
- Open 7 days a week and offer evening and weekend appointments.
Medwyn Occupational Health
A skilled team of occupational physicians, nurse advisors and technicians working in partnerships with organisations of all sizes. Suited to businesses looking to test staff, as well as establishments like schools in the private sector, charities and dioceses.
🕑 Speed of Results: Fast
🧪 Types: PCR & Fit to Travel + Test to Release + Antibody Test Roche Elecsys ® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S Home Testing Kit
➕ Add ons: Fit to Travel Certificate
💲 Price: High
48 Hour PCR & fit to travel certificate:
- Results back by 5 pm via email on the second day after your test
- 48 hour PCR & fit to travel certificate: £140
24 Hour PCR & fit to travel certificate:
- book before midday for next day results, emailed by 5 pm
- 24 hour PCR & fit to travel certificate: £170
Quarantine & Test to release testing:
- Use the contact form to find out more.
Covid-19 Antibody Test Roche (Home use only):
- Results available within 24 hours of returning the test via Royal Mail.
- Antibody test Roche (home use only): £75
What else should I know about Medwyn Occupational Health?
- Can provide tests direct in-house at a client’s location
- Modern purpose-built premises.